Thursday, January 6, 2011

Whose Toy?

Eric and I got this map of the United States for Jack for Christmas.  He wasn’t too thrilled about the gift at first, but when he realized that you play games with it to learn facts about the country it became more fun to him.IMAG0430 Unfortunately for Jack, Eric and I also like the map games…

On this side of the map, only the state capitals are written.  You can play a game where a state name is called out and you have to click on the state.  If you touch the correct state, a new state is called.  After 45 seconds, the total number of states you have found are announced.

Eric and I might be slightly competitive.  Thus, we quickly took over Jack’s game.   At first we didn’t know were all the states were by memory and were slow.  Eric would get 12, then I would get 13.  But we quickly learned most of the states and have been competing back and forth since Christmas…16 then 17 states.  The monkeys would ask to have a turn and we would grudging hand the pen over for ONE turn  (And we may have been known to shush the kids so that we could hear the state name being called out…)

This afternoon I pulled out the map and turned the “pen” on to start practicing.

Owen laughed and said, “I know what I am getting you for your birthday, Mama!”

I guess it is time to hand the game back over to Jack…

On the other hand my practice has paid off …I was the first one to get 19 states.  I has driven Eric crazy all night.  He finally got to 19 too, but then I hit 20.  He could not reach 20 tonight and finally gave up. (well, sort of.  He then brought down two blank maps of the united states and two pens.   I laughed at him – but grabbed the pen because I am as bad as him…  the best part was that I finished writing the names of all 50 states and he finished only 47.  tee hee)

I predict a victory blog on Eric’s site in the near future. 

Love you, Babe!

2 comments:

  1. Luckily I'm not so competitive that I would post a comment on your blog correcting some of your... perspective... on history. Like that, up until last night, I've beat you everytime we've played. Or that it was only yesterday - after you practiced all afternoon - that you did come up with 19 (and then 20) and beat me. You're very lucky I'm not so competitive as to post that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, baby, this is all true - you always have to have the pen last so that you can win... Of course, I didn't feel the need to expand on that part of the story. I thought the ending was funnier. Plus, that is what your blog is for...

    ReplyDelete