Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday

Owen had a very hard parting at his school today.  It was quite different than any of the days last week.  Today he hugged me and held me tightly and cried and asked me to stay.  I hate to see him upset, but I reminded myself that he had the same reaction to the first few weeks of school for three years in a row.  So, I know it isn’t something I should be overly worried about, but I still hate to see him upset. 

He was happy after school, said the day loooooong  but was great and that PE was the “best PE class I have ever been to in my whole life!”

Mamau was in Issaquah to run an errand, so we met her at Starbucks for a little while after Owen’s school got out.  We celebrated the beginning of a full week at school with some hot chocolate (oh- and a donut – how is it that grandmas are always conned by their grandkids, but were  stingy with treats when you were their kid???  Hmmm…I guess treat-giving skips a generation…)

Jack and I bonded while Owen was at school.  I wanted to clean and vacuum my car, so I talked up the exciting features of playing in the very back of the car.  Jack was intrigued, and spent quite a bit of time building and rebuilding  a small Lego ship detailing the steps to me– and then he began protecting the car from invisible bad-guys (don’t worry, he is very good at this – we are fine despite the high number of attacks!).  When the novelty of sitting in the far back of the car wore off, I impressed Jack with the marvelous magic trick of folding up the back seats.  I conveniently vacuumed around them, then put the car seats back in.    The car was cleaned before 9:30 in the morning and I was so proud of myself.  Unfortunately, the day was sucked away by some unknown alien force because I didn’t seem to accomplish much else…

IMG_7081

No comments:

Post a Comment