Wednesday, January 26, 2011

French Toast

One awesome benefit of having Owen be in school for the full day is that Jack and I get a real amount of uninterrupted time together.  It is such a different experience to be relaxed enough to get the things done that need to be done during the day and still have time to just hang out and be with Jack.

Today after some exciting dish cleaning, kitchen spiffing, vacuuming, and laundry folding, Jack and I played a game on the computer.  This game had Jack click on the foods in a kitchen to help a little boy and his grandma prepare a meal.  After making French Toast in the online game, you could print out a real recipe.  So we did, and I decided that I would let Jack make it all by himself…(This is the type of things I did all the time with Owen, but have rarely done with Jack)

I set up the correct measuring utensils, and let him go with just verbal directions. (don’t mind his gymnastics shirt)

Crack an egg.  (I may have had to rescue a shell)

IMG_7086I love how he poured the milk out of the side of the carton.  I really really wanted to “fix” his method, but refrained.  Sometimes I have to remind myself to just step back and see how things go…IMG_7087IMG_7088

One tablespoon of powdered sugar… (apparently Jack thought they meant a heaping tablespoon!)IMG_7089

Vanilla lid is too tight. IMG_7091IMG_7092

Mixing with a fork and keeping it in the bowl!IMG_7093

Here comes the messy part…IMG_7094

He’s a pro.IMG_7095

Mama did the cooking part. 

Jack: Look Mama, there are two for you or two for me! Hmmm  Do you really want two?  I have an idea!  You cut one of yours in half and I will share that one with you…

IMG_7097

Add powdered sugar and syrup - Yum!

IMG_7099

That was lunch!

1 comment:

  1. In France it's just called toast. Badabing. I'll be here all week folks. Tip your waiters.

    ReplyDelete