Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Talk Talk

Eric and I have been focused on Owen and his school, and helping him to transition smoothly. 

We have wanted to make sure that we talk through likely events and schedules as that seems to comfort Owen and make transitions easier.  We have also loved hearing the details of his days in his new class.

I have also been greatly interested in the goings-on of Owen’s classroom as I am sure things are different in the French system.  I also feel a little blind as I won’t be able to help out in the classroom at this school.

Maybe we have been doing a little too much talking though.

Today, while making dinner, Eric and I were asking Owen about his day today.  After hearing a little about the events in Owen’s classroom, I turned to Jack and asked him something about his school.

He replied in the voice he uses when he thinks I am being silly.  “You don’t need to ask me about that Mom!  I just LLOOOVE going to my school.”

3 comments:

  1. This might be left field but is he channeling Henry Huggins by any chance? I always did have a soft spot for Ribsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if you get something in the mail from Janie and Jack please don't throw it away. Happy late birthday :(

    ReplyDelete