Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year’s Resolutions

IMG_6846 I am not a big New Year’s Resolutions fan.  I do think that people should make goals, say them out loud or write them down, and work hard at them.  It is just that making goals at a time when everyone else is making them- just because it is the thing to do – has always seemed a little silly to me.  I like to set a goal when I see a need.  I like to do it in own time because it is right for me.  Resolutions just seem a little “band-wagony” on the first of January.

Having said that, I am jumping on the bandwagon this year because of my blog.  I like that I started one last year.  It brought me much closer to my friends and to my family (and even to those I never expected would read it!).  I like how it makes me review my day and can force me to slow down my thoughts so that I can type them in a coherent way.  I especially like that it has made me think through ideas about me and about my family that I may have not otherwise taken the time to consider.

So, here are 2011 Resolutions:

  • Blog Every Day This Year
  • See my sister and/or her girls at least once a month.

I limited the list to just two things for now. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment