Saturday, January 8, 2011

Full Day

This morning my sister and her girls came over for a little late Christmas exchange.  We had breakfast and talked double-time about all the things going on in our lives. Every time I get together with my sister and her girls, I wish we saw each other more…

Quick lunch, then off to an open house at a French Immersion school that Eric and I are thinking about sending the boys to for elementary school.  We spent two hours there touring the school, playing in the classrooms, talking to teachers.  Eric and I were very impressed with the school.  Jack was quiet but interested.  Owen said he was bored quite a bit, but loved one of the kindergarten classrooms.

We headed over to Lisa and John’s house for dinner.  The kids played.  The adults talked and laughed and ate way too much food.  Lisa always serves appetizers (really yummy ones) and no matter how many times I tell myself to eat an appetizer-sized portion, I don’t.  Well, I do eat an appetizer-sized portion, and then I eat smaller portions called “just a little more”  which always seem to add up to a LOT more.  Then the main course comes out – and I am already full.  But, I want to be polite (or more honestly – the food for this course is too good to stop eating) so I eat the main course too.  Then, another glass of wine and a rest from eating, is followed by dessert.  Tonight it was chocolate fondue with all kinds of fruit, breads, and more. 

I love days like this.  Full and fun and satisfying.  And I love that tomorrow is empty and open and restful with no plans.  The perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment