Sunday, September 19, 2010

What Do You See?

image

I used to have a version of this in my house when I was younger.  My mom brought it home one day.  A sort of cross-stitch thing on a plastic backing that was the fad at the time.  I stared at it, wondering what it was.  My mom told me and I thought it was some weird ancient language. I remember the day my mom completely explained it to me, and I could never NOT see what it was after that.  My eyes just couldn’t go back to whatever I saw before.

Facevase[1]

This one is much easier to go back and forth on.

While reading through some magazines lately,  I have occasionally come across a very strange new icon for a popular food item.  The icon was driving me crazy, because it just didn’t seem like the kind of thing that the company would want me to picture when I thought of  their product.  I have just come to realize that the icon probably is not at all what I originally thought it was.  I realized what it is supposed to be, and it made me laugh at the absurdity of my error.  I wonder if there is anyone else who sees what I am seeing, or if the company has been more successful in their new campaign than I originally thought.

This is the icon that I have been seeing…

IMAG0245

…what does it look like to you?

Want to venture a guess on what I saw?

7 comments:

  1. got the first two; the third one perplexes me. i will be checking back later for the correct response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very odd, it makes me think of a sperm. I have no idea why, i always picture them smiling? Perhaps it's just because i'm pregnant...but that is what it reminds me of:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sort of feels like we're doing an inkblot test to see what we're really all about :) To me it kind of looks like those intestinal tracts that pepto bismol makes all better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad to see that it is not terribly obvious to everyone. The thing just makes me think of a pig nose. I'm guessing that it is supposed to be a simple smile, but even though I know that, I still see a pig nose. The ad is for Jell-o brand pudding. I always see it in chocolate flavor (so mud). Surely they don't intend for me to think of pigs when I am eating their food?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a happy face...pig nose I would have seen if not for the half moon :)

    ReplyDelete