Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

I am the gift person for our family.  Birthdays, Christmas, Weddings, Showers – the job usually falls to me.  Eric and I often talk about ideas and sometimes Eric buys something special, but the majority of the work is done by me.

However, there is one occasion that Eric always takes sole responsibility for.  Dock’s birthday. 

Eric remembers the date, picks and buys the gift, and {most surprisingly} wraps the gift  himself.  The gift is invariably some type of tool or instrument used for the garage.

Today our Dock turned 40.  Here is his gift.IMG_5366 IMG_5367

In case you can’t tell, this gift was “wrapped” in Duct Tape and decorated with electrical tape.  The ribbon is made of some other type of non-sticky tape that someone like myself, who does not find the garage to be the most sacred room in the house, is not privy to.

I am not sure if the gift-giving job ended up in my hands because of these types of efforts…or despite them.

Happy Birthday Dock; we love you!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Oh my gosh, we took pics of the gift to, it's SO awesome! Funny that Dock is just the same way with Eric's Bday too:) They admired the wrapping quite a while before the gift was unwrapped!!! Thanks for the B-Day wishes Julie - I just showed the blog to Dock and he loved it:) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete