Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day

I got the idea of having a theme for the school year from the Nie Nie blog that I sometimes read.  Eric and I picked a theme of “Practice Practice” for this year.IMG_5207

We made Star Wars pancakes for breakfast. 

IMG_5217

Yoda says, “Practice you must!”IMG_5198  

Daddy did Owen’s hair.

IMG_5209  IMG_5211

We gave Owen a bracelet to wear to school, and each gave him a charm so he would have a little of us in his classroom.

A CD to represent Daddy.

IMG_5219elements%20889[1]

A lightning bolt to represent Jack.

IMG_5218 elements%20889[1] - Copy

The earth to represent Mama. (Because I love him no matter where he is – cheesy but true.)

IMG_5223elements%20887[1] 

Man I love this little boy!

IMG_5224  

 

IMG_5225

What did I do after we dropped Owen off?  Avoided the other parents who were teary-eyed, went to Starbucks, and bought a new pair of shoes.

 IMG_5226

I think I got most of my nervousness out of my system in the last week.  Last night I though I was going to throw up, but today I was just excited for Owen, and surprisingly calm.  Off to go pick him up!

3 comments:

  1. So exciting..cannot wait to hear about his day. Are we on for dinner tomorrow night? Write/call me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to send him off - I love it! Thank you for posting early today - I needed the feedback! This has been a huge, unforgettable day. I'm so proud of us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the pictures!!!!! What an exciting day. I'm so glad I checked the blog early and there were pics!!! Owen looks SO cute, love his little smile. And the pancakes are awesome. Glad to have this first day over I'm sure. Congrats Julie & Eric, you two are really fantastic parents. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend and celebrate! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete