Sunday, September 26, 2010

slow

I had hoped to go downtown Seattle to see my mom in her closing ceremonies with the monkeys.  Instead we all sniffled and coughed and complained about sore throats and stayed at home trying to fight colds.

At night the boys’ favorite ritual is to go thought the things we did during the day.  As I lay with Owen I found that I couldn’t remember much to tell him.  He had a difficult time too, “Did I eat breakfast this morning?”  Neither of us could remember.  We did remember Owen reading two books to me, and we remembered eating dinner.  That was about it. 

“Did we really just sit around and do nothing?” I thought to myself after I had put O to bed.

I remember now that I painted sections of three different walls in my bedroom with some paint (that  I THINK  I want to paint in there.)  I did 4 loads of laundry (and threw it all on the dining room floor ‘cause I was too lazy to fold it – don’t worry,  it’s clean in there.)  I made stew for dinner  (which turned out really good with the grass fed beef that our friends have convinced us to try.)  I washed the pink out of all of our hair after I finally came to terms with not being able to go to closing ceremony for the Breast Cancer walk (it took two washes– and some conditioner to get that stuff out!)

Not sure why I felt the need to blog about all of that…

oh, and I wrote my blog – however lame…

No comments:

Post a Comment