Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Classroom

Tonight we had our PEPS group over to our house for dinner.  This means 8 kiddos running around.IMG_0834

After dinner the kids were all playing outside, and my inner-teacher kicked in.  It started out with me just having them all running around following random directions. (which was successful)  Then, I really got inspired and tried to teach them a game that I used to teach my second graders - Captain’s Coming.  (kids aged 2 to 5 don’t do too well with that, by the way) I finally settled on Mother May I, which worked a little better as long as I reminded each of them to say, “Mother May I”…

I was a bit frustrated that I thought of games that were too old for the group.  I used to know so many games, and none came to my head.  Of course, the kids all followed the basic directions of the games, and seemed to have fun, and I got more hugs than usual when it was time for everyone to leave, so I guess I shouldn’t be so hard on myself.  (plus, I was having fun.)

I miss my classroom, my students, my creative outlet that works best on 7 and 8 year olds.  I hope I don’t forget everything before Owen and Jack get there…

(PS.  Thanks Rob for taking an unauthorized photo of me, it was fun to find.)

1 comment:

  1. It will be such a shame if you don't get to teach in the classroom again...there, I said it!

    ReplyDelete