Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Makin’ Aprons

Owen and Jack’s friends, Katie and Sarah are turning 5 next week.  I thought making something would be more special than buying something.  So, I had the idea of making them aprons for their birthdays.  Owen and Jack got aprons for Christmas, and they love them. 

I wanted to get a special fabric, called laminated cloth, to use for the aprons because it is waterproof on one side, but not stiff like plastic.  I went to Bainbridge Island fabric store as this was the only place that I could find this special kind of cloth. 

Then I called my mom.

Because I don’t have a sewing machine.

And, I don’t actually know how to sew.

Luckily my mom didn’t seem to mind that me making aprons actually meant her making aprons.

I did do some really important parts like cut some fabric, and go to Fred Meyer to buy thread (and get the wrong kind – um, how does one buy the wrong kind of thread for crying out loud!?).  So I also went to Michaels and bought the right kind of thread. And I ironed a little. 

I feel really proud of my contributions.

My mom was here until 11PM, but the aprons aren’t quite finished – we just have to finish up the ties - I guess I need the right kind of thread AND the right color.  Some people are so picky!

008

So Friday we must finish! ( And by we, I mean she.)

007

My Mama is the best!

5 comments:

  1. When do I get my apron? I am a gourmet chef :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc - I might make you one if you make a gourmet meal for me...

    Hi Jamie! I agree that Mamau is lookin good.

    Thanks Amy, I was really pleased. Can't wait until their party on Saturday.

    Also, the twins birthday was yesterday! I should have known...

    ReplyDelete