Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool

This was not my best morning.  I took Owen and Jack to Grandma’s house, and drove to University Village to meet Lauren and Mamau.  I had been looking forward to the day, but for some reason I felt terrible. 

It did not help things at all that I picked up my cell phone to call to see where we should meet, and the phone was dead.  Normally I just find a solution and don’t let things like this get to me.  So I tried to find a pay phone but could not find one (I don’t think these actually exist anymore!)  Discouraged, I thought I would drive over to the part of the mall that my mom would guess I would go (Starbucks and Pottery Barn Kids).  As I walked into Starbucks I decided I would ask someone if I could use their phone but when I looked around people were either on their phones or deep in conversation with someone else.  And I just started to cry!

Crying is not something that I often do.   It isn’t my style or my temperament.  It took me a little by surprise – so I left and hid in my car. After a while, I still felt terrible and decided to call Eric knowing he would make me feel better.  But that was not a good plan since I  didn’t have a phone….That realization did not help my situation, to say the least…It was at another 20 minutes later that I gave up, decided to just get a coffee, and see if I could keep it together enough to shop a little before I returned home.  

After  I ordered, my mom and Lauren walked in, and there went the waterworks again!

So I guess I am the April Fool!?!

The rest of the day went much better, but I think maybe I am not ready to put Owen and jack in school next year…

2 comments:

  1. 1. sounds like hormones to me. women and hormones. nothing you can do about it.

    2. what does this "episode" have to do with putting jack and owen in school next year? were the tears related to having them gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Hormones are lame!

    2. Definitely part of the problem! - Sending Owen to school next year (even for a half of a day) makes me feel sooo sad! As a teacher, I am not worried at all about the school part, but just sad about the end of an era.

    3. I imagine your solution would be to have another baby. That would take care of the "era" part,but probably not the hormone part...

    ReplyDelete