Friday, January 29, 2010

Vaccines

Today was the big day (3 flu shots!)  Owen informed me this morning that he was staying in bed all day…

After I convinced the monkeys to get dressed and ready to go, Owen shocked me by saying that he wanted a toy (because it will last) and Jack, who usually picks whatever Owen picks, shocked me by sticking with his original idea of getting a donut.

On the way to the office, I showed Owen the four Matchbox cars I brought.  He chose a pickup with a motorcycle in the back.  Jack switched to getting a toy instead of a donut, and chose a car for himself.

Each boy brought a “nai-nai guy” to the doctor’s office for comfort.

IMG_5751 Jack brought his Jellycat that Mamau just gave him.IMG_5752 Owen brought a rhinoceros and a penguin that was visiting from Grandma’s house.

Owen was very nervous about getting three shots but was a brave boy.  He gets more upset after the shots, when he finally relaxes.  Look at that poor upset face, even though the ordeal is over with.

IMG_5753 IMG_5754

Owen busily opened his Matchbox car package while Jack got one shot.  Jack had already received the flu shot on another visit.  Opps, I forgot…  Glad they check these things!

Here’s me holding Jack’s arms down, though he hardly needs it.    Last time Jack had two shots, he said simply, “Ouch. Thank you. Ouch. Thank you.”  Today was, “Ouch.” then looks incredulously at me.  “Mom, that lady hurt me.”  (I think he was hoping I would send her to her room!)IMG_5755

Owen still thinks that he and Jack both received three shots, and when Jack tries to correct him, Owen just thinks Jack’s confused.  I figure it is better for everyone to keep Owen in the dark…

1 comment:

  1. i had a couple kids who just said, "ouch" when they got a shot. it was funny. glad it's over with for you guys.

    ReplyDelete