Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back Scratches

When I sit down in the evening to write my blog, I often have an idea of what I am going to write about.  Almost always, I write something other than my original idea.  Sometimes, I narrow my thoughts down a little, but more often than not, the idea changes altogether.

I have erased my title tonight at least three times.  This has worked well for Eric, as I was scratching his back while I awaited for the topic to jump into my head.  After quite awhile, he returned the favor.  Still nothing.

And so, I am here over two hours later, relaxed and happy. Eric is asleep now, and I realize that this was one of the highlights of my day.  I love peaceful moments with my husband.  We haven’t always been in a place where we could sit together, saying nothing, and just enjoying being. It is a good place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Watching the State of the Union has never felt so good on my back.

    ReplyDelete