Tuesday, January 19, 2010

bubble wrap

Bubble wrap is one of life’s simple pleasures.  bubblewrap[2]Just by looking at this photo, I know exactly how the entire experience of popping these bubbles will feel.  Finding the sweet spot to pop just one between a thumb and finger...  Gleefully jumping on it...  The machine gun speed of the pops when it is twisted…I know I am not the only one!

The other day I received a box that had strange bubble IMG_5626wrap in it – rectangular bubbles.  I made a few attempts to pop them to no avail.  Then I realized that each of the rectangles is connected to the entire column of rectangles. So squeezing one bubble only results in the air rushing into the chambers of aIMG_5623bll the other bubbles along that column.  I thought it was VERY clever and gave some silent kudos to the inventor of this ingenious concept. 

 

Today, Owen and Jack found this new bubble wrap and, having experienced the joys of “old” bubble wrap , went about their mission.  

IMG_5619IMG_5617 IMG_5618    IMG_5620 (Jack – laying on it)

IMG_5622 (Owen: There is something wrong with this bubble wrap, Mama)

IMG_5631IMG_5632

IMG_5640IMG_5646

Finally Owen thinks to twist it – and with some help from Mama, results in growing bubbles, and then,

popping bubbles!

IMG_5648 IMG_5647

No comments:

Post a Comment