Saturday, February 26, 2011

Henry And Mudge

One of my favorite series of books from my 2nd grade teaching days are Henry and Mudge. When Owen was about three he fell in love with the books and I read the whole series to him over and over.  I had most of them, but Owen would also check them out from the library – even the ones we already had.

As Owen started to ask for the series less and less, I grew a little sad.  I had been looking forward to listening to Owen read them to me when he was at that reading level.   But now I figured that he probably wouldn’t be interested in them any more since we had read them so much.  I purposefully have avoided reading these books to Jack for this very reason.

Today the monkeys were playing up in their rooms together, and I went up to see them as it had been quiet for quite some time… Owen announced that he had just read two Henry and Mudge books to Jack. 

51eyxFxn7HL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_[1]  51s66lZL41L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_[1]

I felt so happy to hear that Owen was still interested in the books. And while I can’t wait to hear him read these books to me, it was so proud to hear that he was reading them to his brother.  How sweet is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment