Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy

Amid the bustle of cleaning, cooking, and being a mama at home with two sick boys – who are not well enough to go out, but are well enough to play their loud games together, need an endless supply of food, and want extra attention  – I found lots of little things that made me happy.

Coloring with the boys in a long lost color book.  It has the same picture on opposite pages; so you can color the same thing at the same time, but in your own way.  It is sweet to see the monkeys try something I was doing and then expand on the idea in their own way.  And  adorable to see their huge smiles when I did something similar to their drawing.

A little time to myself :   With my audiobook on my Zune, my favorite nail polish (the only color I can put on and it actually looks good), and a steaming cup of yummy tea that Lisa brought over when I wasn’t feeling well earlier this week.IMG_7216

And Jack, who read his first phonics book tonight at bedtime and was sooooo proud of himself.  I often let Owen read a book to Jack and I at bedtime and then I read to Owen and Jack.  Tonight Jack also read his book.  And when he was done, he hugged the book to his chest and cuddled under his blanket.  I guess that was his “nai-nai” guy tonight.

IMG_7217IMG_7228

No comments:

Post a Comment