Monday, August 27, 2012

Bags Are Packed

We leave the apartment tomorrow, and all of us are feeling a little sad.  Owen cried when he realized that it was the last night that he was going to see his friend from across the street.  Jack wanted lots of hugs and stated, “It is hard to leave.”   And it is.  It has been a good summer – full of lots of activities and excitement.  I worried recently, that it has been too busy and we haven’t relaxed enough.  Then I remembered that I spent almost every day of last summer at the pool and I worried then that the boys weren’t getting enough stimulation.  I guess I will be happy with the idea that the two summers added together are a perfect balance.

I let the boys pick what they wanted to do for their last full day.  They chose to eat crepes for breakfast, go to Parc Floral for the day, and have dinner at a restaurant that they really liked.  At the park the monkeys did the ropes course again and played at the playground.  We also played a mini golf game that had mini versions of various monuments in Paris.  It was a very good last day.

We have one night in a hotel before an early flight in the morning.  I can’t believe we are going to be home so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment