Monday, May 24, 2010

Taking Things Personally

Earlier this year, there was a storm outside when I put the boys to bed.  I knew it was unlikely that Jack would stay put in bed with stormy sounds outside the window.  Sure enough, I had only been downstairs for a few minutes when Jack appeared on the landing.

Jack: Mom, do you hear that noise?! I hear it and it is scary, so I came downstairs because I don’t know what that sound is, but you do. Do you hear that noise?

(I am impressed with his unique way of buttering me up with flattery, and he did sound truly scared. I agree to come and listen to the noises.)

Jack: Do you hear that noise, Mama?

Me: That is the sound of the wind and the rain on the roof.

Jack: Well, I don’t like that noise, and it is very mean to make me rush downstairs so fast and ask you what is that noise. It is too mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment