Friday, May 7, 2010

Mini Mothers Day

Today was a host of Mothers Day activities.

This morning, Owen’s class invited in all the mamas and served cookies, lemonade, and strawberries.  Owen was bursting with pride to show me all of his creations: a pot-holder printed with his hands, a flower pot, a keychain with little hearts, and a heart pendant.  He showed me each detail and described how he had been thinking of me when he made each item.  Mostly because he chose green paint, or green sparkles, or green beads.

He wrote that I am 20 years old, I like the color green, my favorite TV show is the news, and my favorite food is parsnips.  My favorite thing to do is to read to him, and he loves me because I draw nice pictures for him.

My favorite part of Owen’s event was the singing at the end.  He takes singing and learning all of the words so seriously.  He sang with a shy embarrassed smile, but knew all of the words and actions, and was obviously proud.  Most of the songs I had not heard at home because he wanted them to be a surprise. ( I wish I had that kind of control over songs that jump into my head - and I find myself singing them without even noticing – for instance “It’s a Small World” and the like…)

Later in the day Kris treated me and the boys to a Recess Monkey concert in West Seattle.  The music had super cute kid lyrics with catchy tunes.  Most of the kids danced through the whole thing, but my monkeys just held hands and took everything in. 

Our finale was to share dessert at the Luna Park Cafe in West Seattle.  We picked a yummy chocolate-mint milkshake.  Below is us eating ONE that has been split into three cups!IMG00444-20100507-1931

I could get used to this whole Mother’s Day thing…

Let the Mother’s Day weekend begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment