Thursday, May 6, 2010

Photos

My grandparents recently took about 1200 slides and made them into digital photos for the computer.  Today I  spent most of the day helping them put “tags” on the photographs so they could retrieved the photos more quickly.

In their slide collection, my grandparents had photos from about 10 years ago to about 50 years ago.  They hadn’t seem many  of the photos since they were developed into slides!  It was so much fun to see my grandma and grandpa discover these photos again, and to hear stories of my mom and my uncles.

I especially love that my grandfather bought an expensive and sophisticated camera for the time, and many of his photographs are amazing.  (The story is that while living in Alaska, my grandma had the opportunity to take a ship to Japan to shop.  My grandpa agreed that she could go as long as she would bring him back a camera.)

These are a few of my favorites from their collection.

My Grandma and Grandpa (about 50 years ago)86170008

Grandpa stuck in the mud.86200029

Uncle Paul “killing” Uncle Steve.86170064 

Mom, Uncles -  John, Steve, Paul 88090048

Uncle John with a kitty (this makes me think of Jack)88070057

3 comments:

  1. Wow...these are amazing, nice work everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome!! More, more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that is so cool. totally great photos. what a treasure.
    happy mother's day, julie! your monkeys are so lucky to have you as their monkey mom. :)

    ReplyDelete