Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine Playdough

Owen gets to bring in home-made play dough for his class this month.  I remembered a parent from last year put in glitter and it turned out really well.  I thought it might be fun to add some heart-shaped confetti.  I was worried that the confetti might clump or disappear, but the dough turned out soooooo cute!

IMG_5847 Owen and Jack help measure and mix.

IMG_5850Jack taste-tests spilled ingredients and then spreads out the mess.IMG_5853 Ready for school tomorrow! It is hard to see, but the little dots are heart shapes in two different sizes.

I think we need to make some for our house!

Recipe

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 3 Tablespoons oil
  • 3 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 3 cups water (I added an entire tube of  red food color)
  1. Mix ingredients together and cook in a pan over medium/low until playdough lumps together.
  2. Continue to heat until playdough is no longer sticky. (basically until your arm feels like it is going to fall off!)
  3. Knead until smooth.  (I added the confetti while I kneaded the dough after it had cooled off a little.)

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute, Julie. I love your creativity. Did you get it from me????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well mom, I was hoping for your mad cooking skills, but I will take your creativity! I did cook the playdough; I bet Jack would think it tastes good...

    ReplyDelete