Saturday, February 6, 2010

Boogie Monster

My monkeys are not big fans of monsters.  Even the really cute kind that little boys are supposed to love give them the heebie-jeebies.

I bought a pair of pants from Ebay for Owen two years ago and this shirt came in the “set”.  He completely refused IMG_6008to wear it. It hung in the closet until he grew out of it, and Jack grew into it.  The only way I finally got Jack to wear the shirt was to tell him that the picture was a very up-close look at a “sugar-bug” (you know, the little guys digging holes in your teeth that you have to brush away with your toothbrush and spit out?) Jack always wants to see them after he spits.  Voila - two problems solved!

This morning, Jack let me know that he had some boogies.

You know, boogies, as in:

  • let me wipe your boogies with this tissue
  • don’t eat your boogies, dear
  • mom, can you take this boogie (handed over on an outstretched finger from a carseat)

I handed him a tissue from a box on the counter and in good toddler form, he threw a fit because that was not the tissue that he had in mind.  Right…

“I want the boogie monsters,”  he kept saying.  I wasn’t sure if he was still talking about tissues or if we had moved on to a new tantrum…After Jack convinced me that we would find the “boogie monsters” in the cupboard, I discovered that this was what he wanted:

IMG_5928

A tissue box that I thought was super cute when I bought it, but that the boys previously had wanted nothing to do with.

1 comment:

  1. I am posting a monster friendly blog for tomorrow - but here is a sneak peek! :)

    http://www.scaremenot.com/

    ReplyDelete