Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Curious George

Both Owen and Jack have their own curious George books with different stories that they ask me to read to them, but not Daddy.   Daddy has his very own compilation of the original Curious George stories that has a special place on the office bookshelf.  When each of the boys turned three, Eric started reading this special book to them before bed.  Owen can tell you the names of all of the stories in the book and a brief (or not-so-brief) synopsis of each story, in order of appearance in the book!

I love this sweet tradition. I love what a good Daddy my husband is.IMG_5844

PS  (I haven’t dared to try, but I am sure that it would not be taken well if I were to read from this book – and you can make your own guesses as to who would not take it well…)

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I love how intently the boys are following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - the seriousness totally cracks me up! Owen and Jack carry the book like a prized possession (just like Eric taught them). I think it is a big part of making the reading so special to them. Thanks for commenting! It is fun to know you are reading.

    ReplyDelete