Monday, February 1, 2010

Grady’s First Day

IMG_5840

Things I learned:

  • Owen loves Grady.
  • Jack loves Grady.
  • I am no longer the person that Owen and Jack show things to.
  • Making Grady smile while feeding him a bottle ends with milk running out of his mouth.  Every time. 
  • I can still do my dishes even with three kids at my house.
  • I still have Mad Skills with babies (that’s mad=good, not mad=angry)
  • Grady loves to laugh and smile.
  • Jack can make Grady laugh.
  • My body automatically goes into sway mode when I have a baby in my arms.
  • I pay more attention to Jack when Grady is here because I don’t want Jack to be jealous.
  • Bridget loves Grady.IMG_5827
  • If Grady cries, the kids think the only option is feeding him.
  • I still don’t get to drink my tea, I just reheat it more times.
  • Grady likes the Bjorn.IMG_5837
  • Grady gets a HUGE smile on his face when he hears his Mama’s voice.
  • I am still really good at doing things with one hand while the other holds a baby.
  • Apparently a common conversation I am going to have is, “Who’s this guy?”  “He is Grady, my friend’s baby.”  “How long are you watching him?” “A month.” "(jaw drop) “A Month!?!”   (Don’t worry Kris, it will probably be longer, it is just too complicated to explain to people…)
  • Three car-seats barely fit into my car.
  • Trader Joes is doable with three kids.
  • My bathrooms still don’t miraculously clean themselves!
  • 15 pounds is incredibly light!
  • Setting up the pack-n-play before Grady falls asleep is a good idea.
  • A gymnastics mat works for a baby bed in a pinch.
  • Owen loves the idea of Grady having something that used to be Owens.
  • Jack loves the idea of Grading knowing that something used to be Jacks.
  • I can fold laundry with Grady around because he does know how to jump and roll in it yet.
  • I feel like a superstar when I can make Grady laugh.
  • 15 pounds is really heavy at the end of the day.
  • Jack likes formula.

4 comments:

  1. lucky you. :) {and lucky "grady's mom"}

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Kidding Amy, how luck am I?! Julie, have I told you lately that I LOVE you - seriously. He slept the whole car ride home, woke up and played with us for 2 hours at 8:00 and went back to sleep HARD. Gee, he must have had a G-R-E-A-T day! You made it so much easier to go back to work this week I cant' even begin to tell you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think WE need a Grady - whatcha think, Eric??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like this rent-a-baby thing. I get to have all of the baby fun, then send Grady home with his Mama and Daddy to wake up with him in the night! Mamau, are you saying that you would take on the night feedings if we have a third?!?

    ReplyDelete