Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Winner

As Eric and I waited for the doctor to show up the other night, we discussed how annoying it was to see a doctor when you feel really sick, and have him/her tell you that you are fine – and just have to wait the sickness out.  It is much better to be validated by a named sickness.

Maybe I should add that both Eric and I might have competitive natures…

The doctor examined me first saying that I had a sinus infection.  I fist-pumped silently over my head while he looked the other way.  Eric laughed out loud and gave me away since the doctor looked to see what was so funny…hm

I was further encouraged when I was diagnosed with double ear infections, a fever of 100.5, and sores in my throat.  Vindication is quite nice.

The doctor then examined Eric and diagnosed him with a sinus infection too.  Eric glanced my way with a “bring it on” look and a pursed smile.

The doctor announced that Eric also had a fever.  Somehow Eric had missed that I also had one.  “I have a fever.” he smirked at me.

“Not as high as hers.” corrected the doctor.

Snicker-snicker…

Eric’s ears were in the same condition as mine.  His throat was fine, but he had been dealing with sickness for over two weeks and has a terrible cough.

The doctor wrote prescriptions for antibiotics for the both of us, and a cough syrup for Eric.

By the time the doctor left, we were too exhausted to tally up the results.  We both went to bed.

This morning I got the monkeys ready for school, and was about to leave when Eric came out of the bedroom.

“I won!” he announced.

Both his eyes were glowing pink.  He now also had pink-eye.

IMAG0365

Owen and Eric letting their prescription eye-drops sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment