Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pirate Day (Not a Snow Day)

School was canceled, and Owen and Jack were very excited about playing in the snow.  Unfortunately, Owen had a low-grade fever, and I wouldn’t let him go out.  He begged and begged all day, just in case.

I tried to make him feel better by setting up the pirate ship that I made for Jack’s party.  They put on costumes and swords and “aaarr”ed a lot.  Then they pretended to be swinging from the ship’s ropes for quite awhile – extending them all over the house.  IMG_5850

I laughed later when I saw this on the end of the ship.  Captain Sharky and his First Mate Owen added their own two mascots to the parrot mascot.  Extra points if you know which animal belongs to which boy…

IMG_5851

We finished building our catapults for the party and tried them out.  They shoot well, but I made the targets way too small.  I am glad I started planning this party early – because there has been quite a few things that didn’t work out quite as easily as I thought they would.  (The catapult photos are hiding from me!)

One thing that didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to, was the treasure map.  I drew a new one last night, and ‘antiqued’ it tonight…

Soak in strong tea for thee minutes…IMG_5856

Bake in a 350 degree oven…IMG_5862

Iron carefully…

IMG_5870

Now I feel much more like myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment