Monday, November 8, 2010

So Over Daylight Savings

Fall Daylight Savings used to be so great.  You wake up in the morning, and realize that you have another extra hour to doze.  Or you realize the time change in the afternoon, and you magically have another hour to read.  Or you remember in the evening as you set your alarm , and realize that you have another hour to sleep.  Occasionally you get an added benefit when your body wakes you up at its normal time in the morning, and you realize there is still another hour before you have to get up.

I realized that my added hour in the day yesterday was good for more play/clean/read time.  Unfortunately it  meant that the monkeys went to bed an hour later than they are used to (read: they were especially tired and tearful in the evening).  I also realized that they have no joy of going back to sleep when their bodies wake up at their usual time the next morning.  So they scampered downstairs and into Eric and my bed before 6:30.  I thought that the darkness might coax them back into sleep.  Yah, well, I was tired…

Approximately 4, then 5, then 8, then 11 minutes later, one of the monkeys asked me if it was time to get up.  It was 2 against 1, so I realized I lost.  

So I gained an hour with Daylight Savings, but I lost one to the monkeys in the morning.  I guess that would mean I break even – but what about tomorrow (and the following days?)  I know I will feel two little bodies nestling in sometime around 6:30.  Where do I get those hours from???

No comments:

Post a Comment