Monday, November 15, 2010

A Day’s Work

I went through some strange nesting thing after my four days in bed.  I laundered everything launderable in the house (hmm, it seems launderable is not a word – I shall ignore that).  Anyway, I  scrubbed my kitchen; the dishes, the cupboards, the fridge , the counters, the stove – including the inside… not sure what that was all about.  I am glad that my kitchen is clean – though not much else in the house is tidy…oh well.

Owen has had a viral eye infection for four days, which turned into a bacterial one this morning.  That means he needed antibiotics.  So we also gallivanted across the town to see the doctor, then to the pharmacy (which took forever at Costco so I had to buy some things I didn’t need – I am beginning to think the money you save at the Costco pharmacy is part of a conspiracy to get you in the door, so you will spend money…)

After cleaning and gallivanting, we were all tired.  Everyone was fed and in pajamas by 5.  By 5:30 Jack was asleep on the floor.  At 6:30 I finally carried him off to bed.  Owen and I read until 7:30.  I am not sure what happened between then and now, but I know it was not productive.  This seems to often happen to me despite the fact that I plan all day on being productive after the monkeys go to bed.  Hmm…

Oh, and do excuse the use of ‘shall’ and ‘gallivanting’ – I have been listening to Jane Austin’s Emma on my Zune.

No comments:

Post a Comment