Friday, October 22, 2010

Tyler Landon Carlisle

Today was the day Deanna and Kevin (our Nana and Doc) were scheduled to have their little boy.  Our whole family has been counting down the days.  I have been pressing “refresh” on my e-mail every two or three minutes waiting for the announcement .

I began to get worried because the announcement hadn’t arrived.  Of course my rational brain told me that new family of three was cherishing their first beautiful moments together and making that their priority  - over getting their announcement email out.I had told the boys that we were going to visit the baby at 3:30, and they could hardly wait.  My anxiety and impatience rubbed of on Owen and Jack….As soon as school go out, every few minutes was punctuated with a request for how long they had waited and how much time before they had to get into the car to go.  I finally put a show on to pass the time for them.

When it was finally time to leave, Owen got his serious face on.  “Now Jack, the name that they tell us, you are going to want to listen to because it is a name that you are going to know forever.” ( I knew the name from the announcement, but thought it would be fun for K and D to tell the boys themselves.)  During the drive Owen and Jack  practiced an “I Love You song”” to sing to Tyler together.   This was completely their own idea, and was so sweet.

Our wait was rewarded with this little guy…

Tyler Landon Carlisle

P1010011 P1010008The monkeys   were in awe and needed no more entertainment than to watch Tyler sleep.

IMG_5717

I felt that bundle in my hands and Mommy Babble began to flow.  It is strange and exciting to think that my voice is one of the first he has heard since his birth.  IMG_5722

In 30 second intervals, Eric kept trying to steal the baby from me! I don’t like having to share, but I love that proud look that Eric has on his face. IMG_5727   When we were about to leave, Owen said to Deanna (who was surrounded by tables and machines, and the baby bassinet), “I really want to give you a hug, but I don’t know how to get to you!”

Eric and I went on a date afterwards, and the majority of the time was spend discussing Tyler !

We are so glad you are here little guy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best visit ever - I had literally dreamed about the day you all would visit us in the hospital. Dreams come true. You guys are the best, thank you for all of your love and encouragement. I love the pic of the boys looking at him.

    ReplyDelete