Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Quote

Boba Fett and a monkeyIMAG0344Doc: This is very special. Usually we pick the candy when  trick-or-treaters come, but because you’re our favorite, we are going to let you pick!  Choose three for your bucket.

Owen carefully and slowly chooses three different candies and puts them in his bucket.  A few minutes later, Doc opens a Recess Peanut Butter Cup. Owen inhales deeply and loudly.

Owen:  Man, that smells good too!  (pause with a furrowed brow) But I just have to make my OWN decisions.  (turns away from Doc and the good smelling candy.)

Jack: Who’s eating that?

Doc:  I was.

Jack:  Are you going to eat ALL of it?

____

On the drive over to Lisa and John’s house.

Owen: I like Halloween, and Christmas, and Easter.  I get things on those holidays.  Halloween is all about getting candy.  I mean, it is all about giving, right?  Lots of people want to give us candy.

____

Trick-or-treating

Owen: Um, there are two more people too. (Talking about Sarah and Jack)  Here they are.

Man at Door: You get an extra one for taking such good care of your brother!

Owen: Wow thanks!  Mama, Daddy – That man gave me two because I took such good care of my brother!

Next house.  The man gives out a piece of candy to everyone.

Owen: Um, the man at the last house gave me two pieces because I took such good care of my brother.

____

Lady at the door:  Take a few.

Mama: (watching Owen’s hand move back and forth several times) Owen, why don’t you take two?

Owen: The lady said, “Take a few.” and I think she meant four.

____

candywarehouse_2130_734050482[1]

Owen: Look guys, I got a snowball at this house!

____

Mama:  What did you say to that man?

Jack: Thank you!

Mama: Why did he say, “We have to save the rest of the candy for some other kids.”?

Jack: (shrugs his shoulders) I don’t know. (sly smile)…

____

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! They crack me up!

    Grady would slap the door, stand there, and when they opened he would step in sit down and start putting candy in his bucket. One lady let him take a bunch since she had too much and he got used to it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete