Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Prank Calls #2 Mama Plays Hardball

Mama:  Hello?

Owen:  Hi, it’s Lisa.

Mama:  Oh Lisa, your voice sounds a little different than you usually sound.

Owen: Yeah… I guess it does.

Mama: What are you up too?

Owen: I am wondering if you want to set up a play date for Thursday.

Mama: Ah…didn’t we set up a play-date already for Wednesday?

Owen:  We did?

Mama: Yeah, remember we were going to get together after the kids’ gymnastics and make some dinners together?

Owen: Oh yeah!  That was really fun last time!!! Let’s do it at my house this time.

Mama: What do you mean?  We did have it at your house last time.

Owen:  Oh!  I mean YOUR house.  (embarrassed laugh).

Mama: Hey, Lisa, I have been meaning to ask you for that really good Bean Soup recipe that you make.

Owen: (long pause)  Oh um, um beans and ahhhhh carrots.

Mama:  Is that it?  I thought there was something else in it?  Does that soup have chicken?

Owen: Oh yeah, it has chicken too.  Ha, I forgot.  So, bye.

I didn’t even have a chance to say, “Good-bye” …

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!! And what a super use of time - cooking dinner while visiting with a friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete