Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Painting Kind of Day

Eric started his second day of painting today.  He worked from 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM! We have six individually framed windows that Eric had to tape off besides that floor and ceiling.  He was a trooper!!  I hung out with the boys most of the day, but did help in the evening for about 5 of those hours, but much of it was running to the store to buy more supplies.   We did finish tonight, so that is exciting.

IMG_5499

One fun thing Eric did was paint the boys’ names on the wall  They thought it was the best thing ever.  I am not sure what they will think tomorrow when they realize it is gone.IMG_5505

I had some of my own painting to do – a sample work for the art lesson that the kindergarten kids in Owen’s school will do next month.  I let Owen and Jack do it so I knew it was kid friendly. 

Since the paint was already out, we decided we might as well get the most fun possible with it.IMG_5489

Owen’s masterpiece is, “A rainy day, and that’s the grass, and that is me and that is my you, Mama, holding my hand.”

  IMG_5498 IMG_5494

Jack is big in to mixing colors and filling every tiny spot on the paper.

IMG_5496

Jack’s masterpiece: “This is the sun, and this is the moon, and this is me when I was a tiny baby, and this is me when I was growing.  And this part where I was a tiny baby, that’s you, Mama, holding me so tight.”IMG_5497

No comments:

Post a Comment