Monday, October 11, 2010

A Jump on Fall Leaves

Some of my favorite photos of the boys that I have are in fall leaves.  Every year I think to myself that I really need to take them, and then fall is practically over before it happens.  But, so far, I have had really good luck with how they have turned out.

2006Picture 010

2007IMG_7270

2008IMG_0837

2009IMG_4764

So now I feel that it is an official tradition, I am paranoid that I am going to miss the opportunity.  (Last year I waited until early November, and when there was finally a sunny day, the park we went to had a huge lawn-mower-turned-leaf-vacuum driving around stealing the last few leaves of the season!) 

So when I saw some changing leaves today, I panicked.  I gave the boys their official sweaters (yes, I know the boys will probably hate me for making them wear these when they are older and looking back on their photos – but I think they look cute in them now – so I am making them wear them anyway, but thank you for your concern.)  Then I paced, waiting as long as I could for better evening light.  I was too worried that the sun would turn into showers and finally left.

Unfortunately, when I drove to the spot where I have always taken photos in past years, there were approximately four leaves on the ground.  I looked around and realized that most of the trees were still green.  

I guess I haven’t missed the opportunity.

We drove around on a leaf hunt anyway (as I had greatly talked up the event – focusing on leaf throwing over photo opportunity) and the monkeys were insisting we find some.IMG_5532

IMG_5536IMG_5537IMG_5615

The lighting is bright, and casts lots of shadows.  But, the boys had lots of fun, so I will call it a success.

And try again in three weeks at our favorite spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment