Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Lunch

A leprechaun got into Owen’s lunch today and turned everything green! 

Green hummus and green tortilla chips shaped like shamrocks; green peanut butter on his celery, green cream cheese on his bagel and even green milk! (the pistachios, kiwi and grapes were already green, but I am sure those would have been changed too if they had started out in another color.)IMG_8239

Owen thought it was funny and liked trying to see how foods tasted when they have turned green.  “I thought I wouldn’t like it, so I just tried a tiny bit.  But it tasted the same!”

Of course, Owen must also consider all events in his serious way…

Owen: “But actually mom, how did you get all of those things green?”

Mama: “Are you kidding me?  Do you know what kind of mess I had to clean up this morning before you got up?  Green mess everywhere!”

Owen furrowed his eyebrows.  He had some seen some evidence of this at his class today when he and his schoolmates found all of their carefully built leprechaun traps smashed to bits.  No leprechauns were caught, and the words “ha ha!” were written on the whiteboard.  (Luckily the leprechaun left some chocolates to console the  students.)

Owen: “Really mom, he made a mess just like in my classroom?  Man, I guess on St. Patrick's day there must be a lot of really messy houses in the morning.  Well in all of the houses that celebrate St. Patrick’s day…”

2 comments:

  1. I usually think this when I read your blog but today I say it: Mother of the year award...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie you are too much!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete