Monday, March 14, 2011

Lint Dilemma

Today while I was emptying the lint from the dryer filter, a large amount dropped back into the dryer and went down into the filter chamber where I could not see it. 

I have heard about some house fires due to lint in the dryer “pipes”  and have been a little paranoid as of late.  I did not want the lint to be sitting in there so I tried the various vacuum attachments I have to get at the lint, but it didn’t work.  I saw two screws holding the filter in place, so I thought I could easily take it off.  IMG_8224

Once I had the filter off I had to reach my hand down into the hole to feel if I could find the big ball of lint.  My imagination suddenly went haywire and I just knew various ugly creatures were centimeters away from my hand  -waiting to pounce.  When I did find the fuzzy ball, I didn’t know whether I should grab it or scream that I had come in contact with one of the creatures…IMG_8229

Notes:  Where there are two visible screws, there are probably three more not-so-visible screws that hold the thing that you are trying to remove in place…

It is not a good idea to mess with the lint part of the dryer if you are trying to dry a delicate white sweater on top of the dryer.

Oh, and While the Cat is away, the mice will play…you may have a bigger dilemma after your first project is done if you are too absorbed in it. (My mouse just played nicely in the water though…)

IMG_8222

No comments:

Post a Comment