Sunday, July 11, 2010

Withdrawal

I think I am going through some kind of trip withdrawal. 

I still haven’t completely unpacked all of our belongings even though I think I have been home over a week.

I cannot even keep track of the days of the week.  I only know it is the weekend because Eric has been home with us for the last two days.

It is a little like the trip – having Eric home.  I have missed him terribly this week and so have the boys.  It just doesn’t seem right to do anything without him.

Things just don’t seem right.

Each night I try to write a blog, and even though I have ideas that I am excited about, they fall flat.  I can’t seem to finish and publish them.

So, I have decided that I really need to move forward with returning home completely.  Home is a place I love and am happy, so “letting go” of my trip won’t be a bad thing.

Earlier today I went through all of the vacation photos and ordered the ones I wanted for Owen and Jack’s books.

Tomorrow I will put away the remaining items to empty my bag.

And for right now, this is my blog entry.  I will press “publish” before I go to bed no matter how good I think it is…

1 comment:

  1. i always think it's strange to have damon go back to work after a long trip, too. it seems so unnatural to have the family ripped apart like that after bonding so much on a family vacation. good luck "letting go"

    ReplyDelete