Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby’s Perfect Logic

Tonight, at bedtime, Jack asked me to tell him a story about when he was a baby.

Mama:  When you were a tiny, tiny baby, still inside Mama’s tummy, the doctors thought you would be born very close to, or even on Christmas day.  But later, the doctors decided that it would be the safest if you were born a little earlier.  So they decided that you should be born on Uncle Marc’s birthday (December 13th).  That would have been fun!  But do you know what happened?  Do you know what you decided instead?

Jack: What?

Mama: You decided not to wait, even that long.  You decided to be born even earlier - on the very first day of December!!

Jack: (Big smiles) So my birthday is December first!

Mama: Yup!

Jack: (Look of confusion and/or slight reproach?) I decided that because I didn’t want to be born at a birthday party; I wanted to be born at a hospital!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the blogs where I am mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally know what you mean Marc, I love it when i get mentioned in a blog...it's just the best feeling, so unexpected, but so nice:) HA!!! I kid, I kid...I really like it when Marc is mentioned too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha thanks for having my back :)

    ReplyDelete