Friday, July 2, 2010

What a Catch!?

We returned to the good ol’  USA yesterday.  We are tired, but determined to get on schedule as fast as possible.  We kept the kids and ourselves from going to sleep too early, and have been generally successful with keeping to this time zone.  Owen has been happy to have his Lego back in service, and it has been fairly easy for him, much harder for Jack.

While watching a movie in the evening is one of the quickest methods to to get me to fall asleep, I was looking forward to seeing Eclipse in the theatre, and knew I wouldn’t fall asleep during it,  So Eric and I decided to go while the monkeys spent a little time with their Grandma that they have been missing during the Big Big Trip. (Yes, I am a Twilight fan, can we all just get over that for now?!)

Eric dutifully accompanied me to the theatre, trying his best to become  invisible…which didn’t work out too well for him.

We tried to go straight into the theater to sit while we waited for the movie, but it hadn’t been cleaned. So we ended up having to wait in line in the hallway under the “Twilight:Eclipse” sign.  Several movies ended and began and people flooded by.  Luckily, we didn’t see anyone we knew.  Then again, that didn’t help us all that much.  As we were sitting down in our seats, another couple in the aisle glanced over.  The guy, who was apparently also dutifully accompanying his girlfriend/wife says, (in a voice loud enough for everyone in the theatre to to hear), “Look Honey, there’s another sucker!” and points at Eric.  Maybe that actually made Eric feel better – to be labeled properly as a “sucker” rather than thought of as a fan attending the movie…  I’ll have to ask him.

The final insult came when the movie was just about to start and two theater representatives came in holding Eclipse t-shirts.  They encouraged great amounts of high-pitched screaming for Edward and Jacob - the two hot stars of the movie.  Apparently they felt that Eric deserved the prize for his enthusiastic screams (which looked a lot to me like slinking down in his seat and hiding his face behind his hands- but what do I know?)  Eric, not anticipating needing to catch any flying objects, was hit (um, you know where) by the shirt, tightly wrapped with a rubber band.  I guess it was his inability to stand for a few minutes due to the pain that kept him from jumping up to hold his prize victoriously before the crowd.  Poor thing.

IMAG0066

I am sure he will just love this blog post!

2 comments:

  1. If that isn't love, I don't know what is! Welcome home you guys - it's so great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you're talking about. I was in line to see the A-Team.

    ReplyDelete