Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hair Stories

We booked tickets back to London for Monday to save two nights of double paying for hotels.  So we have just two more days to play at the pool and eat Moussaka and Gyros…

We spent most of the day in the pool and the boys are really getting used to the water and becoming more brave.  Lisa would shame us if she saw the water wings we bought, but the boys are propelling themselves around the pool and putting their heads under.  It is amazing to see the difference in their comfort levels and abilities in the pool over the last week.

IMG_2579

IMG_2597

Yesterday I started a game called “Hair Monster” in which I went underwater and came up with my locks covering my face.  Today when I played it with Jack, I grabbed him, made scary sounds and flung him to and fro in the pool.  He laughed and screamed.  I suddenly just let him go, and swam away under water.  When I “returned” I told him I had heard him screaming and wondered if he was ok.  One excited Jack informed me how he had just been “shaken” by the Hair Monster and I had missed the whole ordeal.  He looked quickly around the pool looking for the monster and shrugged his shoulders when the monster could not be found. 

As we played this game a few more times during the hour, Jack’s stories of the events that had past during the time I “missed became more and more elaborate ending with the Hair Monster biting Jack’s chin and tummy and then diving out of the pool into the Mediterranean to swim away.  Jack is dead-pan when he tells these stories, shaking his head slightly back and forth as if he can hardly believe it himself.  If it wasn’t a ridiculously impossible story, I would wonder if it had really happened myself!  I really hope this is a phase…

 

“Hendricks” and “London Outing” are new posts from June 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment