Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Euro Disney III: The Revenge

We did a lot at Disneyland today, but let’s just get it out of the way.  Eric (finally) won.  I knew he would – and there is no beating him once he wins once – but my lead was fun while it lasted (and I doubled my score from the day before, so I feel pretty proud of myself)… IMG_2021

We came early into the park, and went on lots and lots of rides.  The monkeys had a great time even though much of the time is spent in line.  I was all prepared with a few pennies (an idea I stole from another mom, Amy B. whos son found a penny while in line, and she kept secretly dropping it over and over for him to find again and again.  Genius!)  But, no penny trick was needed as the monkeys spent most of their time doing this…IMG_2017

This was the ride Owen said was his favorite… IMG_2038

…but this was the ride he seemed to have the most fun on.

IMG_2089 IMG_2101 This is the Pirates of the Carribean.  Eric is trying to distract the boys from the dark tunnels.  We have just gone over a small waterfall, and Jack is anticipating another.  He is not buying what Eric is selling…IMG_2137

Jack really liked the carousel.  They had some of the best horses I have seen on one.IMG_2142 IMG_2140 At the end of the day, Eric went to the gym to work out and everyone else stayed behind to watch the parade again.  We chose the spot where the soldiers stopped to dance on the first day, and hoped they would do the same today – and they did.  The monkeys were thrilled to have them so close!  One of the soldiers shook each of their hands and another took a closer look at Owen.  I wish I could have taken a photo of Owen’s smile after the guy left.IMG_2214

2 comments:

  1. loving your "posts from abroad". sounds like you're still having a great time- even though your kids are with you. :)

    had to clarify on my "brilliant idea" that you've given me credit for: it was a bright blue button and it wasn't an intentional game we played. ray originally found it on the ground (while standing in line) and he asked me to hold it for him in my pocket because he wanted to keep it. i thought it was gross so i would nonchalantly drop it back in the ground. he kept finding "more blue buttons" and thought he had a collection going. he did not. i'm flattered you thought it was an actual idea i thought up to entertain my children. the idea is all yours, julie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, we were totally addicted to those video game rides at disneyland, too. our arms were killing us after those games. and damon ended up kicking my butt, too. :(

    ReplyDelete