Saturday, March 13, 2010

When Food Is That Good

Last Night (Alas, I cannot say “this evening” as I missed out on my window of time for yesterday’s blog…)  So, Last night Deanna, Kevin, Eric and I went to The Triple Door to see Mike Doughty.  One of the best part of having The Triple Door as a venue is the FOOD!  which is served from the restaurant upstairs – Wild Ginger.  You can order from Wild Ginger’s menu and the servers bring the food down to your booth while you watch the entertainment.  The Wild Ginger is my favorite restaurant so it just doesn’t get better than that!

I didn’t realize that Kevin also felt so enthusiastic about the food until last night.  We ordered a second round of food, yes, a second round; and piled up our plates.  We all started to dig in when Kevin announced that he could not find his fork.  The servers are pretty busy and the room is dark because of the concert so there is not much chance of calling the attention of a waiter.  So unless they decide to come to your table anyway, you are out of luck.  Which Kevin was as they had just served our food and asked if we wanted something else.  (we didn’t)

I handed a huge serving spoon over to Kevin, and he began eating with it.  I was just trying to be funny, but the food is that good.  I wouldn’t have waited for a new fork either. 

After a few more songs, a heard Deanna laughing, and looked over.  Kevin had found his fork.  He had been so excited about getting the food onto his plate, that he had just piled it on.  The fork was hiding below the food.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you say "alas" sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy it when you say 'alas' :) Thanks for the great evening last night!!! Remember, it was the lowlight-ness that caused the fork incident:) Hee..heee...very funny to hear Kevin yell 'I got it' and see his fork emerge from below all that food!

    ReplyDelete