Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Man After My Own Heart

Late this afternoon I was folding laundry and gave Jack the job of finding matches to socks.  Jack gave the job right back to me saying that he was far too tired and far too little for the job.  I encouraged him to match just three pair “because you’re three.” (My favorite trick with him right now.) And of course, when he did that, I suggested he match just three more pair...IMG_6780

Eric arrived home from work while Jack and I were still doing our chores and charged in to tickle Jack and wrestle with him.  As Jack was screeching with delight, he glanced around and suddenly yelled, “Daddy, stop!  You’re messing up my socks!”

Jack continued to work on his “sock line” until it reached across the room and down the hall with 26 pair of socks (only 4 of which were not mine…)  He was so proud.  And so was I.

4 comments:

  1. What? I AM going to a sock therapist. Allowing others to touch my socks is a baby step to letting go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! oh julie this is very special... what a great picture though! i fear you will be shocked and upset when you see the state of my family's socks this summer (you thought mine were bad!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noticed Grady had a hole in his sock today and my first thought was, I am SO GLAD it is not a Julie day! (great photo) :)

    ReplyDelete