Thursday, March 18, 2010

what?!

I have just spent a ridiculous amount of time making and frosting rocket cookies for Owen’s class tomorrow.  Owen is the line leader and so he gets to bring snack.  I have never allowed him to bring anything sugary before, and can’t for the life of me figure out why I said yes to cookies.  Mostly because I have just spent 3 1/2 hours rolling, baking, and frosting them.  And that doesn’t even include making the dough and leaving it in the fridge forever. (and I don’t even like how they turned out – I like things much more uniform…and the fire looks pink –grrr.)

IMAG0152

I did learn a lot about using this kind of frosting – though I’m not sure that I learned enough to make up for the lost time…

I hope those little munchkins at school love every bite of the cookies and realize that the darned things are rockets, not fish!

Jack saw my shamrock cookies from the party yesterday, and after looking at the plate to choose the cookie he wanted, he picked one up and announced, “I pick this one, Mama.  It is the best Christmas tree!”

2 comments:

  1. ouch! too funny....you know, they make these tubes in the grocery store.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Yucky. The sugar cookie ones don't taste good at all. I'll save one for you...

    ReplyDelete