Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fussy

Grady was fussy today while I was feeding him his carrots.  He was still opening his mouth for bites (which he stanchly refused to do for the apples) so I knew he wanted the food.  Feeding him faster worked at first, but he never quite stopped fussing while I fed him.

Owen: Mom, It doesn’t sound like he’s enjoying that very much.

Jack: I think he wants his mama. ‘cause sometimes when you cry, you want your mama.

I loved these comments for several reasons:

  1. I love that my monkeys are concerned for Grady.
  2. Owen’s comment means that he has actually heard me when I have said the very same quote to him and his brother (quite a few times).
  3. I love that Jack still concludes that someone who is crying wants his mama because that means that he wants his mama when he cries.

For all of those also concerned about Grady, we think he is teething…

1 comment:

  1. I love how attentive they are. He couldn't ask for better big "brothers". Still only a sliver of white on one side, but super happy last night and this morning - here's hoping he's good for you today! :)

    ReplyDelete