Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tourist Time

My mom has gone into full-board tourist mode for two days.  We bought a 2-day museum pass (fairly evil) which lets you go into as many museums as you can within two consecutive days.  So today we went to Versailles Chateau and the Louvre.  We are pretty good at walking long distances now so Versailles, with it’s miles of gardens and outer buildings was doable and actually quite fun.  The Louvre was open late tonight, and we rented oversize strollers for the kids, so that pleased them (though somehow we spent the majority of the 2 hours there checking out the various elevators and stair-lifts – and very little art.

I have a gazzilion photos (though I doubt any of them are actually of the chateau – ooops) that I will have to sort through the day after tomorrow when Maumau allows us to sit down…  think I might just peek at a few now…

Oh look, the Chateau!  (It is way, way in the background…)IMG_3897

scaling the Cheatau walls, I’m sure it is perfectly safe…IMG_3923

Sweet Jack-Attack (right after a guard asked him not to climb the outside banister of this staircase….)IMG_3810

Owen, the photographer

IMG_3843Owen, the adorableIMG_3838

Jack, “Most of the stuff that we are looking at is kindof boring, Mom.  Well except the fish.  Those are AWESOME!”  They were insanely packed together in one of the brooks competing for food.  I told the boys that I thought they were called carp, but I wasn’t sure.  That left room for their own creative ideas.  “Hmmm Owen, let’s call them Moustache Face Fish.”  Jack’s name won.

IMG_3868

The swans were also well-liked.IMG_3826

A rare pause…IMG_3788

Yikes, better get off to bed.  I’m a tourist tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment