Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mamau Has Arrived!

Today’s adventure was a trip to the airport to pick up our Grandma Mamau.  We arrived before her plane landed, and eagerly waited outside the customs doors.  After an hour and a half, I started to get nervous, and with no wifi or phone service there wasn’t a way to contact her.  I went to a service counter and gave them her name and flight information, and they were quite helpful telling me that she had not made her connection.  (later I realized that they were so open with the information because I had gone to the unaccompanied minor window, and they thought she was my child!  oops, glad I made that mistake though) 

I was finally able to get a wifi service and downloaded a message from her that she made it on the next flight.  We were in for at least another hour wait, so we raided the vending machines and staked out a spot where we could see the baggage claim area for her plane. 

We spotted her and waved frantically for some time, drawing the attention of many, but not the one we wanted.  She would look up occasionally, and we would begin our frantic wave but she would glance past us.  It was pretty funny. (and yes, Eric – I am my mother’s daughter…)

 WP_000873

We finally spotted each other, and the boys raced down the hall where they know she would emerge.  They almost set off a security alert by going through the exit doors, but Maumau came through just in time!WP_000878

We have two weeks to share Paris with Grandma!WP_000879

2 comments:

  1. She at least saw you as she came out the doors... some of us have been walked right by ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting pics. Glad your mom arrived safely. Have a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete