Monday, July 9, 2012

Scooters Trump Feet

The scooters stayed at home today and we went walking instead.  I let the boys bring their cameras that my dad gave them, which was good entertainment for them – and franky, for me as their idea of the best views of Paris are hilarious (see photos in the following post).  But, five miles of walking is MUCH harder than scootering with the boys.  Their walking paces is slower- so it takes longer, there are no “free” downhill rides, blisters happen, and there are 700 million more things to argue about.  One really nice thing was that we got to pop in and out of stores or buildings that we thought were interesting and we also got to chat much more. 

One of the goals of the day was to find soccer balls.  We were successful, and we walked to Luxemburg park to try them out.

(these pictures show why I am carrying the balls to and from the park from now on…just too tempting to be crazy)IMG_3490 IMG_3491

These next photos are totally fuzzy, but I just love them because they show the energy the boys have – this is AFTER the 5 mile walk, at about 9PM….IMG_3493IMG_3494I am not sure if I should worry about this or not, but none of us are eating very much.  I made eggs on toast for breakfast, and both boys had a cup of milk and a yogurt.  Later we each had a croissant, because nothing else sounded good.  I admit that I let the boys have ice-cream – since I still owed it to them with an earlier bribe…gotta stick to my promises…. but that never ruined their appetite any other time in their lives.  We each had cheese and wasa crackers and an apple for dinner.  Jack had another yogurt before bed, but that was it.  I couldn’t convince them to eat anything else.

Normally Jack begs for food all day so this is strange for me– It was pretty comical the few days that we stayed with Katie and Sarah before we came to Paris.  Lisa spent much of her time convincing the girls to eat something, and I spent the same amount of time convincing my boys that they could wait until the next meal to eat – and they wouldn’t starve in the meantime.

Maybe I should have just been taking the kids out for 5 mile walks every day – or rather, scooter rides…

No comments:

Post a Comment