Friday, July 6, 2012

Our First Full Day

This morning the boys woke up around 3 or 4am Paris time.  We got up for about an hour or so – had a snack and played.  Owen was able to go back to sleep after that, but Jack had a much harder time of it.  He yawned and said he was so tired, but then tossed and turned.   I finally let him watch some shows on my laptop so that I could get some sleep.  Poor guy finally fell asleep around 8 am, but I woke them both at 10 to go out for the day.  I really want to get on Paris time, so I was determined to stay up all day.

Our first order of business was Crepes, of course!  That, and climbing the Eiffel tower are tops on the boys’ list.WP_000827

Both picked Nutella, but Jack preferred my plain crepe.  He actually threw some of  his away – which really surprised me since he will often eat an entire treat even after he has declared he doesn’t like it…WP_000828

Later we walked to the Luxembourg Gardens which is several blocks from our apartment.  We rented two boats the boys could push around with sticks.  This was a huge hit and they didn’t want to return the boats when their half hour was up.  WP_000829

WP_000845

WP_000841

“We could keep them for 5 hours if you have 20 euros, Mom.”  (of course, he was right – they were 2 euros for a half-hour)

 

Afterwards we went to the park in the garden.  It is a park that you pay a small amount to get in, which I thought was a little silly when I read about it, but it is really more than a park.  This ride alone is worth the money for the boys…

It cracks me up that the boys are so tired, neither of them can think fast enough to get off the ride before they bang into the bars at the end.  They did finally wake up a little and had great fun a t the park – asking to go home after about 30 mins, then taking off to something new before I could even answer.   We stayed about 2 hours before they really meant it.  

After our park adventures, we found a grocery store and got some supplies, and headed home. 

My goal was to keep the boys up until close to a regular bedtime.  They actually did fine – and ended up going to bed around 9PM (and I had to force them at that!)  But I never made it that far…at about 6 o’clock, I couldn’t keep my eyes open, and fell asleep on the couch.  When I woke up, the bedroom doors were closed and the boys were launching small lego missiles and “bad guys” off the top bunk, giggling like crazy.

The boys are sound asleep now.  Jack after watching part of a movie; Owen after reading a Magic Tree House book on the Kindle.

I told the boys that it is going to be rainy tomorrow, and Owen quickly responded with, “Then, we better wear our rain pants.”  And Jack quickly agreed.  I love their sense of adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Mamau better get some rain pants cuz it looks like rain is in the forecast!

    ReplyDelete